Projections and facilities may extend into required setbacks as follows:
A. Fireplace structures, bay or garden windows, enclosed stair landing, or similar structures may project into any setback, provided such projections are:
1. Limited to one per facade;
2. Not wider than 10 feet; and
3. Not more than 18 inches into a setback.
B. Uncovered porches and decks which exceed 18 inches above the finished grade may project:
1. Eighteen inches into side and rear yard setbacks; and
2. Thirty-six inches into the front yard setback.
C. Uncovered porches and decks not exceeding 18 inches above the finished grade may project to the property line.
D. Eaves may not project more than:
1. Eighteen inches into a side or rear yard setback;
2. Twenty-four inches into a front yard setback; or
3. Eighteen inches across a lot line in a zero lot line development.
E. Fences with a height of six feet or less may project into any setback; and
F. Stormwater facilities, such as, but not limited to, retention/detention ponds, bioswales, vaults, bioretention or other facilities as required by the Bothell Standards, may be located within any front, rear and side yard setback, provided such facilities are set back from any property line a minimum of five feet. Any portion of a surface water retaining structure that is exposed to the air for a dimension of four feet or more above city-approved finish grade shall be consistent with BMC 12.14.152(D). (Ord. 2269 § 5, 2018; Ord. 1815 § 1, 2000; Ord. 1629 § 1, 1996. Formerly 12.14.100).