A. Whenever a permit or approval in this code has been designated as a Type I, II, III or IV permit, the procedures in this title shall be followed in project permit processing. The following permits or approvals are, however, specifically excluded from the procedures set forth in this title:
1. Landmark designations;
2. Street vacations under Chapter 35.79 RCW;
3. Right-of-way permits;
4. Other approvals relating to the use of public areas; and
5. Other project permits, whether administrative or quasi-judicial, that the city council has determined by resolution present special circumstances that warrant a different review process.
B. Pursuant to RCW 36.70B.140(2), building permits and boundary line adjustments, other construction permits, or similar administrative approvals which are categorically exempt from environmental review under SEPA (Chapter 43.21C RCW) and BMC Title 14, or for which environmental review has been completed in connection with other project permits, are excluded from the following project permit processing procedures:
1. Notice of application (BMC 11.06.004);
3. Joint public hearings (BMC 11.04.004);
4. Single report stating all decisions and recommendations made as of the date of the report that do not require an open record hearing (BMC 11.10.002(C));
5. Notice of decision (BMC 11.12.008).
C. Plats – Subdivisions – Dedications. The specific time and notice requirements for plats and subdivisions set forth in Chapter 58.17 RCW and BMC Title 15, Subdivisions, shall supersede the time and notice requirements of this title for the review and approval of plat and subdivision applications. (Ord. 2295 § 2, 2019; Ord. 1815 § 1, 2000; Ord. 1691 § 1, 1997; Ord. 1628 § 1, 1996).