Where a proposed development would be on or adjacent to a property on the local, state or national historic register or local historic inventory or within an historic district on the register, the following regulations shall apply:
A. If the proposed development would entail any changes to a structure on an historic register or demolition of a structure on the local historic inventory, such proposed changes or demolition shall be subject to the procedures and criteria set forth in Chapter 22.28 BMC, Changes to Property on Register or Inventory.
B. The proposed development shall reflect the architectural character of adjacent and nearby historic properties by one or more of the following measures:
1. A similar unifying design concept which organizes a building’s architectural elements into a harmonious composition;
2. Similar building proportions, scale and roof line;
3. Similar architectural style and exterior finish materials;
4. Similar patterns and proportions of windows;
5. Similar entry configuration and relationship to the street;
6. Similar architectural details or features (such as cornices or trellises). (Ord. 1815 § 1, 2000; Ord. 1798 § 1, 2000. Formerly 12.14.240).